Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I Am Number Four review

"I Am Number Four" tells the story of an alien who is 1 of 9 aliens that survived an extermination of their race on their home planet.  Unfortunately, the remaining 9 that escaped to Earth, are being hunted down and killed in number order.  The movie chronicles #4's fight to stay alive, as well as the discovery of his powers, true friends, true love, other aliens, and what to do next.

The action is pretty good, but the acting is pretty bad.  An ex-boyfriend character of #4's love interest is introduced in an attempt to distract the viewer and attempt to trick us whether #4 is in imminent danger when he really not.  The major conflict in the movie is resolved, but unfortunately, is obviously they are setting up for a sequel.  (Note:  The sequel comes out via book form this August so I'd expect a sequel a year or two from now, which I'll probably rent.)

In the end, the dog was a good addition and I found myself caring more about him than the aliens.  I didn't hate the move, but I didn't love it either.  I give it 2 out of 5 stars.