Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Too Much TV - Currently Watching

I've watched a lot of TV this week and it's only Wednesday.

Family Guy S15 E8: I'm not sure why I still watch this show as it's been very hit or miss, but I guess it's those hits that keep me coming back even though they are very few and far between. Unfortunately, this episode was another miss as it was a Sherlock Holmes homage that very much borrow from the movie starring Robert Downey Jr. The episode also tried to make jokes about how meta it was, but it just came off more annoying and sad. "Enjoying these old-timey jokes? Look, we're really trying!" No, you're not.

Homeland S7 E7: With 12 episodes each season, I remind myself to be patient as the big surprises won't pop up until later in the season and this was a good episode with a lot of big punches in the gut for our players. Unfortunately, the real victim in these episodes have been Franny, who I wouldn't be surprised if she grew up to be a serial killer. She really shouldn't be with Carrie and based on the previews, I actually agree with what her sister is about to do. Other than that, everyone is getting what they deserve and nothing is easy - just like real life!

Billions S3 E1: I love this show and I really need to make it a habit to watch last year's season finale prior to starting a new season. The recaps before the show aren't enough and I was kind of lost on certain relationships. I highly recommend this show if you haven't watched it yet. Damien Lewis and Paul Giamatti are fantastic.

The Walking Dead S8 E13: Only three more episodes left this season to hate watch and I'm actually excited to delete this series recording from my DVR. I just don't care anymore and the people on these shows keep making the worst possible decisions. Characters like Carol and Tara are so inconsistent and poorly written and very poorly acted, yet both are given more screen time than people we care about Rick or Negan. This show is lost and I'm getting off the train. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

The Last Man on Earth S4 E12: I'm not really sure where this show is going, but it's not as good as it once was. Since it's only 22 minutes, it's not a huge commitment, but it's falling into the same problem as I mentioned above with Family Guy.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow S3 E16: A very odd episode but they're all kind of odd, which makes them interesting to watch.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine S1 Eps 1 & 2: I know I'm late to the party since this show is in its 5th season, but I just heard from an old interview with Terry Crews that this show comes from the same group that did Parks & Rec. Since I loved that show, and SNL has been crap since Andy Samberg and friends left, I decided to give it a shot and I'm happy to report that I loved it. I will definitely be watching this in my leisure and catching up.

Roseanne S10 Eps 1 & 2:  It wasn't too bad. I don't typically watch shows with laugh tracks, but my wife wanted to watch so I mostly paid attention. It was 10x better than Fuller House.

On my Watch List for the rest of the week:
The Mick, Modern Family, Arrow, and more Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Thinking about watching eventually:
Barry, The Goldbergs

Honorable Mentions:
Netflix
Voltron: Legendary Defender - be about it. So good!
Jessica Jones - Season 2 - gave up after 2 episodes