Monday, July 27, 2015

The Wedding Ringer [2015] review

Surprisingly not as horrible as I thought it would be. While not incredibly funny, there were a lot of chuckle worthy moments. I was also happy to find that the movie had some heart. Kevin Hart was pretty good and thankfully not annoying after five minutes so I was happy about that as well. Is Josh Gad supposed to be the new Jonah Hill? He didn't add much humor, but I can see how some viewers might have loved his high singing voice and overall dopiness. Kaley Cuoco pretty much plays her character on Big Bang (from the little of the show that I've seen). If you like the show/character (I don't), then you'll like her performance. Supporting cast was also lack luster. With the proper cast and maybe some more jokes, this may have been more successful. Final thought: I always smile when I see Jorge Garcia in a movie and his final line was great!