Friday, August 14, 2015

Kingsman: The Secret Service [2014] review

Many months ago, when I first saw trailers for this film, it put a bad taste in my mouth. The actors came off very conceded so I had no interest in it. Also, I enjoy some British humor, but some can really turn me off. Regardless, a friend highly recommended it so I put it on my Netflix queue and here we are. I'm happy to report that the movie was actually good and very entertaining. There were some predictable parts, but the non-predictable parts were very well done. I didn't like the main character at first as he reminded me of a British Eminem, but thankfully he grew on me. He does pull of some crazy parkour moves towards the beginning that seemed to come out of nowhere, but later it's mentioned that he dropped out of the military, so he probably learned it there (ha, ha). The cinematography of the church scene, in particular, was very well done and probably my favorite scene. I definitely recommend that you add this movie to your queue. I wouldn't mind watching it again in a few months.